Last week you may have noticed something. While the background profiles continued (and will continue) as usual, the weekly writing update was nowhere to be seen. Until not too long ago I had been considering doing the same for this week, for the very same reason of last week’s update’s absence: there had, and has, been no noteworthy progress to write an update about.
Work, personal matters and the manifold of distractions I face each day all contributed to a remarkable lack of progress on Frontline over the past few weeks. I certainly developed the story in my head, hopping from scene to scene and all across the story as I did, but no actual Star Wars writing occurred. The result: a stagnant story, a frustrated author and the glaring lack of a weekly writing update.
With progress already coming as slowly as it is, this certainly didn’t help. If I want to write, finish and share my story, things are going to have to change. For that purpose I’ve decided to do something I should have done a while ago: every week, starting with the current one, I will dedicate at least one hour on Tuesday and one hour on Thursday solely to writing this story.
As NaNoWriMo has proven, simply sitting down to do nothing but writing, even for a short period of time, works! Sure, two hours per week isn’t much, but I feel it’s a good way to actually get the ball rolling. If this experiment works as intended (or even better than that) and it starts producing noticeable results, I intend to increase the weekly writing time. Eventually this should lead to a solid and reliable writing schedule and hopefully some actually finished Star Wars stories before the turn of the century. ^_^;
Wish me luck, everyone (if there’s such a thing in your experience ^_~) and as always: may the Force be with you!